"Green technologies could be the biggest opportunity of the 21st century. Technology Ventures is an indispensable guidebook for everyone who cares about new ventures."
- John Doerr, Venture Capitalist, Kleiner Perkins Caufield and Byers (KPCB)
"Technology Ventures addresses several "grand challenges" facing this generation including medical technology and energy efficiency in an engaging and refreshing way. The accompanying web-based videos and materials are incredible resources."
- Charles Vest, Ph.D., President, The National Academy of Engineering (NAE); Former President, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
"This textbook has been an important tool in our effort to build a robust technology entrepreneurship education culture. The comprehensive coverage and clear frameworks make it a useful and self-contained text for key start-up lessons. Highly recommended to all educators!"
- David Barbe, Ph.D., Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Maryland; Executive Director, Maryland Technology Enterprise Institute
"Byers, Dorf, and Nelson have given literally every potential entrepreneur a proven blueprint for success. If you have the vision and the passion, you will find in these pages the plans and the practices that you will need to turn your ideas into action."
- Scott Kriens, Chairman and Former CEO, Juniper Networks
"Technology Ventures is the ideal entrepreneurship book about global enterprises. The book's unique blend of instructional materials about both technological innovation and business enterprise is exactly what students need to learn. All students will gain from its wisdom regarding innovation and globalization."
- Steve Currall, Ph.D., Dean, UC Davis Graduate School of Management; Former Vice Dean of Enterprise and Professor of Management Science and Innovation, University College London